ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR BSME:
- Application for admission shall be entertained only on a prescribed form, which is a part of the prospectus. Application received through e-mail shall be entertained only if they are followed by a pay order in the name of The University of Lahore (UOL) and should reach UOL up to last date announced for the admission.
- Admission shall be granted on the basis of eligibility criteria mentioned for each program and after passing the admission test and interview arranged by the admission committee of the department.
Applicants who have appeared in inter / degree level or Pre-Requisite level examination prescribed in a program and are awaiting results will be allowed to apply for admission, but they will be given admission after they have submitted the attested copies of their certificates / Degrees within three weeks of commencement of the semester. They will also be required to submit an undertaking that they understand the rules / policy of the admissions and that if they fails to submit the required documents within the prescribed time they will not be given admission.
- For eligibility criteria reference may be made to each relevant program / degree.
- Each Successful applicant will be issued "Admission Letter" by the concerned Department.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR MSME AND Ph.D PROGRAMS:
- BS/B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, from PEC recognized university with minimum 2.5 CGPA (Semester System) or 60% (Annual System).
- Entry Test & GAT-General (www.nts.org.pk/gat/gat.asp) conducted by the National Testing Service with a minimum of 50% cumulative score.
- For admission into the Ph.D program minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in M.Sc./MS degree from HEC and PEC recognized University is required
- Subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS) or ETS, USA in the area of specialization chosen at the Ph.D level must be cleared.
- In the case of GAT Subject test ( http://www.nts.org.pk/GAT/GATSubject.asp) a minimum of 60% marks are required to pass the test.
- In the case GRE subject test, the minimum percentile score of 60% will be accepted.